RE/MAX are delighted to present to market a charming 4 bedroom detached farmhouse complete with 2 apartments located at Kilkeeran, Ballinrobe, Co.Mayo. Mayfields House is ideally situated less than a mile from Cushlough Bay on Lough Mask.
Built in the 1800s, the property was extended and upgraded in 2005 with the preservation of historic details adding to the charm of the farmhouse. These upgrades also included the refurbishment of a barn for use as 2 apartments.
The main detached house extends to c. 2,465 sq. ft. spread over 2 floors. Ground floor accommodation is comprised of a porch, entrance hall, living room, kitchen, dining room, W.C. and large conservatory. Proceeding to the first floor is a landing, main bathroom and 4 bedrooms – one of which has an en-suite. The property benefits from two attics.
Apartment 1 is spread over 2 floors with a kitchen/living area, bathroom and 2 bedrooms on the first floor. Apartment 2 is spread over 1 floor and comprised of a kitchen/living area, bathroom and bedroom.
The property is certified with a D1 BER Certificate heated by Oil Fired Central Heating and a solid fuel stove with stone feature fireplace in the living room. Double glazed windows feature throughout.
The property sits on a c. 2 acre site with an array of an orchard, shrubs, lawns, vegetable patch, decking area, patio area to the rear and large pebble driveway providing ample parking space for numerous cars. The property also has the convenience of stables, tacking area, menage area and sheds.
Situated just 1 mile from the well established town of Ballinrobe, the property offers incredible potential as a beautiful family home. Amenities include shops, pubs, restaurants, post office, Aldi, Tesco, Supervalu and primary and secondary schools. Ballinrobe is 30 minutes from Galway City and 20 miles from Castlebar, Westport and Knock Airport.
Ballinrobe is a fishermans paradise due to its proximity to the world renowned fishing areas on Lough Carra, Lough Corrib and Lough Mask. Nearby attractions include Ballinrobes award winning 18 Hole Golf Course and Ballinrobe Racecourse, the magnificent Ashford Castle Hotel, 19th Century Kylemore Abbey and Killary Fjord.
INFO & FEATURES:
- Built in 1800s – extended and upgraded in 2005
- 4 bedroom detached farmhouse
- Converted barn for use as 2 apartments
- Quiet, country area close to Lough Mask
- Property located just 1 mile from Ballinrobe Town
- Extends to c. 2,465 sq. ft. / 229 sq. m.
- Site extends to approx. 2 acres
- Presented in good condition
- D1 BER certificate on BER No: 107294852
- Oil Fired Central Heating
- Solid fuel stove with back boiler and stone feature fireplace
- Double glazed windows
- Beautiful country style kitchen with modern units and dining area
- Separate dining room
- Large conservatory
- 2 attics
- Main bathroom features bath
- En-suite features shower
- 4 good sized bedrooms
- Mix of stone, tile, carpet and timber floors
- Large site extending to approx. 2 acres
- Site complete with orchard, mature trees, shrubs, lawns and flowers
- Deck and patio area to rear
- Large pebble driveway with gated access and ample parking for numerous cars
- Stables, tacking area, menage area and sheds
- Situated just 500m from Lough Mask
- Close to Cushlough Bay and Cahir Pier
- 1 mile from Ballinrobe Town
- Amenities in Ballinrobe include schools, shops, pubs, banks, post office, supermarkets, petrol stations and restaurants
- Close proximity to world renowned fishing lakes including Lough Mask, Lough Corrib and Lough Carra
Porch: 2.51m x 3.14m
Entrance Hall: 4.66m x 2m
Living Room: 4.75m x 4.19m
Kitchen: 4.63m x 7.16m
Dining Room: 5.14m x 3.61m
Conservatory: 3.78m x 7.45m
W.C.: 3.25m x 1.14m
Landing: 5.01m x 2.01m + 5.01m x 1.22m
Bedroom 1 (master): 4.89m x 4.17m
Bedroom 2: 3.37m x 3.35m
En-suite: 1.08m x 2.02m
Bedroom 3: 3.32m x 3.62m
Bedroom 4: 3.73m x 3.36m
Main Bathroom: 1.73m x 3.95m
Ground Floor/Living/Kitchen area: 7.53m x 4.54m
First Floor/bedrooms: 7.53m x 4.54m
Total: 68.37 sq. m.
9.43m x 4.55m
Total: 42.9 sq. m.
NOTE: These particulars are not to be considered a formal offer. They are for information only and give a general idea of the property. They are not to be taken as forming any part of a resulting contract, nor to be relied upon as statements or representations of fact. Whilst every care is taken in their preparation, neither RE/MAX Property Experts nor the vendor accept any liability as to their accuracy. Intending purchasers must satisfy themselves by personal inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of these particulars. No person in the employment of RE/MAX Property Experts has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property.