RE/MAX in partnership with The Connacht Property Auction
Offered at bids over €225,000
Presenting to market a rare opportunity to acquire a period home, steeped in history, which has been newly renovated. A tree-lined avenue leads to a secluded site on which this 4 bedroom stone house and stables are located in Ryehill Demesne, Monivea, Co. Galway.
The property was built over 200 years ago and was originally the estate managers house and stables for the Roche estate. The property extends to c. 1,600 sq. ft. and is presented in very good condition. The property was built over 200 years ago and was originally the estate managers house and stables for the Roche estate. The large extensive out building which once contained the Stable Masters house the stables and staff bunkhouse extends to approximately 3,000 sq. ft. over 2 floors. Half of this this large building is owned by the vendor the other half is owned by by the vendor's neighbour, who resides in the former Stable Masters house at the end of the building.
The property extends to c. 1,600 sq. ft., presented in very good condition and oozes character with a homely, country style feel throughout. There are many original features and the property has been renovated to a modern finish with tasteful décor throughout. Living accommodation of the ground floor is comprised of an entrance hall, living room, kitchen, dining room, main bathroom and bedroom 1/playroom. Proceeding to the first floor is a landing, 3 bedrooms, Jack & Jill style bathroom and attic.
The property is exempt from a BER Certificate and heated by Gas Fired Central Heating. There is a solid fuel stove in the dining room and a solid fuel cast iron fireplace in the living room. Double glazed windows feature throughout.
The property sits on a generous 0.85 acre site with surrounding lawns and a gravel driveway offering ample private parking. The property also has the convenience of a large stone to the rear which were the former stables, tack room and bunk house for staff. This two story stone building with new roof could be used as storage space or converted for additional living space subject to the correct planning permission.
This country home would be a fantastic opportunity to purchase in a picturesque and tranquil setting which is in close proximity to all the main commuter routes.
This property is in a great location especially since the opening of the M17/18 motorway which makes it an easy commute to Galway City, Athenry and Tuam.
Located just minutes from the popular residential location of Monivea Village, the area has become a popular choice for buyers offering a great sense of community. Monivea has a number of amenities including a primary school, church, shops, post office, creche, take away, community centre, boxing club, pubs and children's playground. Monivea woods with its stunning walkways and trails is also within close proximity.
Contact Brian Deely of RE/MAX on 087 9703247
Monivea: 5 minutes
Athenry: 12 minutes
Tuam: 25 minutes
Mountbellew: 20 minutes
Corofin: 20 minutes
Claregalway: 25 minutes
Galway City: 25 minutes
Eyre Square: 40 minutes
INFO & FEATURES:
- 4 bedroom detached stone house
- Built over 200 years ago with limestone and hand cut Granite cornerstones.
- Once belonged to former state manager
- Presented in very good condition having been renovated throughout
- Tasteful décor with a homely, country feel throughout
- Extends to c. 1,600 sq. ft. / 148.65 sq. m.
- BER Exempt
- Gas Fired Central Heating
- Solid fuel stove in the dining room
- Solid fuel cast iron feature fireplace in the living room
- Double glazed windows with original wooden shutters preserved
- Storage space underneath stairs
- High ceilings
- Architrave coving
- Kitchen feature original flag stones flooring
- 4 double bedrooms
- 1x main bathroom & 1x Jack & Jill bathroom
- Main bathroom features bath with wall mounted power shower
- Jack & Jill bathroom features standalone electric shower
- Mix of flag stone, solid wood, tile and carpet flooring
- Generous 0.85 acre site
- Manicured lawns and large gravel driveway offering ample parking space
- Large stone shed to rear - could be used for storage or for additional living space subject to correct planning permission
- 5 minutes from Monivea Village
- Commuting distance to Galway City, Athenry & Tuam
- short from access to M17 Motorway access
- Close to all amenities including schools, shops, supermarkets, restaurants, pubs, train station, post office and public transport
Entrance Hall: 4.18m x 1.79m
Living Room: 4.61m x 4.19m
Kitchen: 2.64m x 2.56m
Dining Room: 4.11m x 4.29m
Bathroom: 2.68m x 1.46m
Bedroom 1/Playroom: 4.25m x 2.71m
Landing: 4.23m x 1.8m
Bedroom 2: 4.6m x 4.23m
Bedroom 3: 4.26m x 2.71m
Bedroom 4: 3.36m x 3.49m
Jack & Jill Bathroom: 2.45m x 2m
Auctioneers Comments: This property is offered for sale by unconditional auction in partnership with The Connacht Property Auction. The successful bidder is required to pay a 10% deposit and contracts are signed immediately on acceptance of a bid. The buyer will be granted 28 days from the date of exchange to complete the purchase. Please note this property is subject to an undisclosed reserve price. Terms and conditions apply to this sale.
NOTE: These particulars are not to be considered a formal offer. They are for information only and give a general idea of the property. They are not to be taken as forming any part of a resulting contract, nor to be relied upon as statements or representations of fact. Whilst every care is taken in their preparation, neither RE/MAX Professional Partners nor the vendor accept any liability as to their accuracy. Intending purchasers must satisfy themselves by personal inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of these particulars. No person in the employment of RE/MAX Professional Partners has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property.